October 20th 2016- Meriden, UK. The laundry and dry cleaning industry received a well-deserved pat on the back during the first LCN Awards.
Representing CINET, Secretary General Leon Wennekes attended the ceremony which he characterised as; ‘an entertaining evening, well organised by LCN and always good to see our industry so positively portrayed’. He presented the Awards for Entrepreneur 2016 (photo right) and Innovation Drycleaning (photo left).
The 2016 winners are…
- Laundry of the Year; Bates of London
- Drycleaner of the Year; Top Hat Cleaners
- Entrepreneur; Laundry Clean, Jason Miller
- Best newcomer Drycleaning; My Beautiful Launderette
- Best Sustainability Policy; Laundry Berendsen
- Best Sustainability Policy; Drycleaning BLANC
- Best Service Engineer; Mike Range, Johnsons Stalbridge Linen Services
- Best Online Service; Laundry Laundry Republic
- Innovation of the Year; Laundry SET (South East Trust)
- Innovation of the Year Drycleaning; Johnsons Bridal
- Customer Service Drycleaning; National Dry Cleaners
Roger Salmon was honoured for his dedication and commitment to the industry. He received the LCN Lifetime Award 2016 and a standing ovation from all guests, showing the esteem in which he is held by his peers.
The annual LCN Awards have been devised to recognise best practice in the industry and to reward it; last night that goal was more than achieved as the winners were announced to high acclaim. LCN editor Kathy Bowry says: “The response in the first year was beyond all expectations and the LCN team is looking forward to growing this event further”.